Welcome to Portland Homes & Commercial Properties. Following is an overview of the application process. If, after reading the information below, you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 503-777-0788
1. Finding a place to call home
Sort of obvious, huh? But you would not believe how many people want to fill out an application before they find the place that is, “right”. So, first step, look through our inventory of properties available for lease. Take your time to read through the listing information, photos, etc. If you still have questions after, please don’t hesitate to give our leasing office a call.
2. Take a look around the neighborhood
So – the pictures look good. You’ve checked out the neighborhood on google maps. You’ve done your on-line research; the rent is right. Next step – do a drive by. Take a look at the exterior. Drive the neighborhood. Or, better yet, and weather permitting, take a walk.
3. What’s on the inside?
You like the outside of the building, you like the neighborhood – now you want to see what’s on the other side of the front door. Easy… Give our leasing office a call to schedule a tour of the property.
4. You like the neighborhood
You love the inside. You’d like to call this place home. Next step –
- Read the screening criteria carefully, ensure you understand the requirements for a successful application. You can find the screening criteria (HERE)
- Fill out an application:
- Each person 18 years old or greater must complete an application
- Pay $40 application fee per person submitting an application
- Applications will not be processed until fee is paid
- Fees can be paid on-line, or in person – (cash, money order, cashiers check)
After both the application, and screening are complete, your leasing agent will reach out to you with a decision on your application. Our goal is to respond within 48 hours of receiving complete applications, and payment of the fee. As is detailed on the screening criteria our decision is based upon all aspects of your application, along with the information obtained through the screening process including rental history, income verification, credit, eviction, and criminal history.
Portland Homes & Commercial Properties provides equal housing opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, national origin, familial status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or source of income.